'SMITH HAPPENS'
Brandon, Candace, Brayley and Addyson

Friday, April 23, 2010

Top 10 Things I Learned AFTER Having Children









Top 10 Things I learned AFTER having children:

1.  That the love you have for your child(ren) is stronger than anything you have ever felt.

2.  That your body can function on less sleep than you ever thought possible.

3.  That baby products are complicated.  From bottle warmers to Diaper Genies, it is a whole new world.

4.  That I would learn how to distinguish a "I'm hungry" cry from a "I'm sleepy" cry... and then there's the "I'm hungry and sleepy with a side of ear infection" cry!

5.  That  I would rely on a "What to expect..." book as a manual to my newborn AND toddler.

6.  That it is EXTREMELY hard to raise children alone and I thank God for my husband every day.  (Even though his patience is limited!)

7.  That an afternoon nap is not rest time for mommy.  It is laundry, vacuum, dust, mop, cook, scrub, fold, and wash time that the ordinary OCD mommy looks forward to!

8.  That when you are sick, life keeps on going and you have to keep up.  You're just glad it's you and not the babies!

9.  That they grow SOOO fast that you catch yourself wanting another one.  While dreaming of your angelic baby, your youngest pinches your oldest causing the oldest to hit the youngest in the head.  And it is then, while they are both screaming at the top of their lungs, that you come back from your 3rd child dream and realize...  God only made YOU for TWO!

10.  That I would look back and wonder what I did with my pre-mommy time.  I thank God for my exhaustion!!  ;-)



"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart..."  (Jeremiah 1:5)

No comments:

Post a Comment