'SMITH HAPPENS'
Brandon, Candace, Brayley and Addyson

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Top 10 Things I Love About Christmas Time










Christmas is right around the corner and I, like my children (and my 'I work in retail and I am exhausted with all of these Christmas shopping lunatics' husband), can't wait! So for today’s post, I am giving you my

Top Ten Things I Love About Christmas Time

In no particular order…

1. Shopping for others.  I shop better for others than I do for myself!
2. Driving and Looking at Christmas lights. We’ve already started taking the long way home from wherever we go, just so we can look at the Christmas lights.
3. Wrapping presents. I love to wrap presents and I love to make my own wrapping paper!  Brown mailing paper, finger paint and some toddler creativity make the perfect present wrapping paper!
4. Our Christmas Eve tradition. Christmas eve is always crazy for us… many years we have four stops to make on that single day! But I wouldn't trade it for anything!
5. Christmas Programs. At school and at church, I love them all!
6. Christmas Cards. It’s the one time of the year we’re actually excited to get the mail!  I love mailed cards!!
7. Christmas Music. The Carpenters Christmas album!!  Karen is my vocal idol!
8. Preparing for Santa.  The exhausting, hard, time consuming labor of getting everything "ready"!
9. Christmas Day Morning. I love to watch my children's face on Christmas morning! Our kids are at the perfect ages for Christmas, and I can’t wait to watch them this year. It’s something I want to remember forever!
10. The Christmas Story.  Is there anything better than teaching your children that the true meaning of Christmas doesn't sit under the tree or magically plop down the chimney.  It was born under a star in Bethlehem many years ago and died so that we may live!



Don't you just LOVE Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment